We hope everyone enjoyed their spring lacrosse seasons. Our Shen girls lacrosse teams did very well and we are proud of all of you. As you all know, lacrosse is improving and becoming more competitive in our area. Many others schools have a very high percentage of their lacrosse players playing in local travel lacrosse clubs. Our goal is to continue improving the level of play in our Shen program, which starts with encouraging more girls to play competitive lacrosse in the summer and to keep them playing TOGETHER.
We are excited to announce the first Girls Shen Travel Lacrosse program. This program will be called Gang Green Lacrosse. Our Shen Girls Varsity Head Coach, Heidi Ackerley is very supportive of this program. She highly encourages all 7th – 9th grade players to try out. This program will be managed and run through our Shen Lax youth club and will allow our Shen players to continue playing together through the summer. We realize some of you are already playing club lacrosse or other sports, so we have structured this to minimize any possible conflicts. For the first season, we have limited the number of tournaments and travel distance required.
Another goal of this program is to provide exposure to a higher level of competition. That means players should have a good knowledge of the game and ready for a higher level of play. The selection process will be based on constructing the strongest team, not the strongest group of positional players. If selected, players may be asked to play different positions and do different things to help the team. We will focus heavily on fundamentals, ball movement, off ball movement, new skills, and (most importantly) teamwork.
We are very fortunate to have Shen alumni players returning to help coach our teams. These are players currently playing D1 college lacrosse at Syracuse, UAlbany, and Wagner. In addition, we will also have Coach Shana Little (JV), Coach Andrew Gentile (JV), and Coach Mike Ballard (JV-Varsity) helping. Our goal is to provide high school level coaching to help to prepare players for the next level AND current collegiate players to provide mentorship and insight to the highest level of girls lacrosse. There will be a total of 2 tournaments and a minimum of 10 practices. The practice and tournament schedule is listed below. Practices will be held on the Shen grass fields adjacent to Koda Middle School.
Some of the details:
• You (to be clear, your daughter) are invited to register for a tryout which will be held on 6/12/18 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on the lacrosse fields adjacent to Koda Middle School
• The tryout fee of $25 must be paid online in advance to secure your spot for the tryout
• Registration for the tryout can be found on http://www.shenlaxclub.com
Parent will first create an account
Player profile must then be created
You’ll select the 7/8/9 grade girls summer travel team tryout program
$25 payment must be made to register
Any questions or trouble with the site can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The roster size will be set to 20-22 max players
• Notification will be sent out to all players selected and a registration link will be provided to complete prior to the first practice
• Selected players will need to commit to 7 out of the 10 practices and both tournaments
• All players must make the tryout to be considered for this team
• The cost of the program is $425, which is based on a roster of 20-22 players ($25 of which is due now to register, the rest will be due prior to the first practice)
• If you have received an email about this program prior to this one AND have registered and paid…
1. You do NOT have to pay an additional $25 for this tryout
2. You ARE registered for the tryout
3. You DO still have to come to the tryout
• This is an invite-only for graduations years 2021, 2022, and 2023
• This is a tryout invite-only and intended for those receiving this email
• Registration for the tryout needs to be completed by 6/9
• For selected players, there will be a fee for uniforms which should be no more than $50.
We hope to see many of you at tryouts.
For any questions
About the program – email@example.com
About the website – firstname.lastname@example.org
Gang Green Coaching Staff
1. 18th – 6:00 to 7:30 pm
2. 20th – 6:00 to 7:30 pm
3. 27th – 4:30 to 6:00 pm
4. 29th – 6:00 to 7:30 pm
5. 9th – 4:30 to 6:00 pm
6. 13th – 4:30 to 6:00 pm
7. 19th – 6:00 to 7:30 pm
8. 25th – 6:00 to 7:30 pm
9. 30th – 4:30 to 6:00 pm
10. 31st – 6:00 to 7:30 pm
• 6/30 – 7/1: Star Spangled Banner, Tully NY
• 8/1 – 8/2: Summit 7’s, Lake Placid, NY